Public Account Information
- Kaluma is a public community. Your username, your display name, your user avatar, your profile page information, and any public content you create are immediately visible to anyone who visits Kaluma.
- Kaluma is an open-source development community. Public projects and contents you post to Kaluma are automatically licensed under the MIT license. This means that Kaluma, other members of the Kaluma community, and visitors to Kaluma may fork or re-use your public projects under the terms of that license. This license does not apply to your private account information or private content. For more detail about content licensing please see our Terms of Service.
- Your social activity on Kaluma is public. Your comments, likes, and list of members you are following are public. You can delete a comment, undo a like, or unfollow a member from your account's activity page.
- You do not have to use your real name on Kaluma, you may use a pseudonym. You can also change your display name, profile information, and any of your content at any time.
Private Account Information
- We collect your email address at signup. We use your email address to send you communication essential to providing service, including registration confirmation and password reset email. We also use your email address to provide you with information about the service or notify you about product updates and community activity. You may opt out of these non-essential emails through your account's notification settings, or by clicking the unsubscribe link in any of the emails.
- If you create a login directly through Kaluma, we collect a password at signup. We recommend that you use a unique password for every online service you use.
- If you sign up for Kaluma PRO, we process your payment information through third-party payment processors, FastSpring, and PayPal. We do not have direct access to your payment information.
- If you purchase physical products from us or host a Kaluma meetup, we collect your physical mailing address for delivery.
Accessing or Correcting Your Personal Information
If you have registered a Kaluma account, you can access, correct, delete, or change the information you provided to us that is associated with your account through your account settings and profile.
Kaluma has implemented processes intended to protect user information and maintain security of data. It is each user’s responsibility to protect the security of his or her login information. We have attempted to protect Kaluma’s servers by locating in them areas with security procedures, using of firewalls and implementing other generally available security technologies.
These safeguards help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of data, but NO GUARANTEE CAN BE MADE THAT YOUR INFORMATION AND DATA WILL BE SECURE FROM INTRUSIONS AND UNAUTHORIZED RELEASE TO THIRD PARTIES.
In addition, anytime you click on links (including advertising banners), which take you to third party websites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies. While we support the protection of our customer's privacy on the Internet, Kaluma expressly disclaims any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including but without limitation to actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of personal information by third parties.
You can adjust your browser settings to block cookies or access to localStorage. Some features of Kaluma will not work if cookies are blocked.
We use data we collect from your account to promote Kaluma to you by email. We may notify you about our product, new features, subscription offers, and community activity or events. You can opt out of all email notifications, or customize your notification preferences, in your account's notification settings or by clicking the unsubscribe link in any marketing email you receive from us.
We may also share member or visitor data with a third party:
We use Google Analytics to gather anonymous data about our visitors. We do not collect personally identifying information through Google Analytics. You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking with Google's opt out tool.
You can delete your Kaluma account from your account settings. When you delete your account, all of the data we hold about your account in Kaluma is deleted. Deletion is permanent and irreversible. If you want to save anything from your account, you can export it before deleting your account.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The Services are available only to individuals who have the capacity to form legally binding contracts under the law applicable to our Terms of Service. Kaluma does not target its offerings toward, and does not knowingly collect any personal information from users under 13 years of age, or 16 years of age if residing in the EU/EEA. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 (or 16 in EU/EEA) we will delete that information.
Changes to This Policy
Kaluma may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by posting a prominent notice on the Kaluma Site. Each version of this Policy will be identified at the bottom of the page by its effective date.
Last Updated: Feb 4, 2021